Subject to these Terms and our policies, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable license to use our Products for personal, non-commercial use only. If you would like to use it for business please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on Amigo, and you can control how it is shared through your settings. In addition:
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Amigo (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer.
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Amigo, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
- Amigo allows you to post content. Anything that you post or otherwise make available on our Products is referred to as "User Content." You retain all rights in, and are solely responsible for, the User Content you post to Amigo.
- You grant Amigo and its users a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide license to use, store, display, reproduce, re-pin, modify, create derivative works, perform, and distribute your User Content on Amigo solely for the purposes of operating, developing, providing, and using the Amigo Products. Nothing in these Terms shall restrict other legal rights Amigo may have to User Content, for example under other licenses. We reserve the right to remove or modify User Content for any reason, including User Content that we believe violates these Terms or our policies.
- Following termination of your account, or if you remove any User Content from Amigo, we may retain your User Content for a commercially reasonable period of time for backup, archival, or audit purposes.
- We value hearing from our users, and are always interested in learning about ways we can make Amigo more awesome. If you choose to submit comments, ideas or feedback, you agree that we are free to use them without any restriction or compensation to you. By accepting your submission, Amigo does not waive any rights to use similar or related Feedback previously known to Amigo, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
We do our best to keep Amigo safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep Amigo safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on Amigo.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access Amigo, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers)
- You will not upload information that is false, misleading, untruthful or inaccurate.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on Amigo.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, “stalk” or harm any user in any way using our Platform.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence
- You will not use Amigo to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not impersonate any person or entity (including Amigo, Amigo staff and other members), or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person, through the use of similar email addresses, nicknames, or creation of false account(s) or any other method or device;
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of Amigo, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other Amigo functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of these Terms or our policies.
- You will not post content or take any action on Amigo that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- Any content or information you post on Amigo that we believe violates these Terms or our policies may be removed.
- You will not use our copyrights or trademarks (including Amigo, the Amigo Logo), or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written permission.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on Amigo.
You agree to comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of our Platform, including without limitation your participation in or involvement with any Amigo get together. You also agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
Registration and Account Security
Amigo users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on Amigo, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use your personal account primarily for your own commercial gain.
- You will not use Amigo if you are under 13.
- You will not use Amigo if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission
Mobile and Other Devices
- We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier's normal rates and fees, such as text messaging and data charges, will still apply.
- In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you will update your account information on Amigo within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number.
- You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable users to sync (including through an application) their devices with any information that is visible to them on Amigo.
Meetings at Venues
- Through our Platform we provide tools that enable our users to arrange physical meetings at venues that include, but are not limited to, public parks, private homes or private enterprises (such as coffee shops or retail stores). We do not supervise these meetings and are not involved in any way with the actions of any individuals at these meetings. As a result, we have no control over the identity or actions of the individuals who are present at these meetings, and we request that our users exercise caution and good judgment when attending these get togethers.
- Because we do not supervise or control the meetings or interactions among or between members of Amigo event groups and other persons, and because we are not involved in any way with physical transportation to or from gatherings organized through Amigo or with the actions of any individuals at these outings, and because we have very limited control, if any, over the quality, safety, morality, legality, truthfulness or accuracy of various aspects of the Platform you agree that you bear all risk and you agree to release us (and our officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, and third party partners) from claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, now and in the future, arising out of or in any way connected with your use of Amigo, your Third Party Transactions, our resolution of any disputes among users, and/or your transportation to or from, attendance at, or the actions of you or other persons at, a Amigo gatherings. You further waive any and all rights and benefits otherwise conferred by any statutory or non-statutory law of any jurisdiction that would purport to limit the scope of a release or waiver. You waive and relinquish all rights and benefits which you have or may have under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of the State of California or any similar provision of the statutory or non-statutory law of any other jurisdiction (including without limitation the states of Missouri, Delaware and Pennsylvania) to the full extent that you may lawfully waive all such rights and benefits.
- Please be aware that a host is: (a) not Amigo's representative or agent, and therefore a host may not enter into contractual relations or obligations on Amigo's behalf; (b) not entitled to enter into contractual relations or obligations on behalf of specific group members unless expressly agreed by those group members; and (c) acting independently, and therefore no contractual relationship or obligation arises between a host or an individual unless otherwise agreed.
Communications from Amigo
You understand that certain communications, such as Amigo service announcements and newsletters are part of our Platform. By using our Platform, you expressly agree to receive such communications from Amigo. You may manage your subscriptions to Amigo communications in Settings or you may unsubscribe via email; however, some basic communications are a necessary part of our Platform and may not be disabled.
Communications with Members of the Amigo Community
- By joining an Amigo event, you understand and agree that you may receive communication from your host in the normal course of utilizing our Platform. Your host's messages will be relayed to your email address, sms or push notifications according to your preferences set in Settings, which does not disclose your email address or phone number to other users unless they already have it stored in their address book.
We have not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Amigo web site or application and are not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Amigo of the site. Use of any such linked web site or application is at the your own risk.
About Commercial Content Served by Amigo
Our goal is to deliver content that is valuable to our users. We may show sponsored content if we believe it is relevant to you. In order to help us do that, you agree to the following:
- We do not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.
- You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
If you violate the letter or spirit of these Terms, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of Amigo to you. We will notify you by email or SMS or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time.
- These Terms shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. We each agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of a state court located in San Francisco County, California or the United States District Court for the Northern District of California.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on Amigo, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users' actions on Amigo and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on Amigo. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on Amigo. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, or any user of Amigo.
- We try to keep Amigo up, bug-free, and safe, but you use it at your own risk. We are providing Amigo as is without any express or implied warranties including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. We do not guarantee that Amigo will always be safe, secure or error-free or that Amigo will always function without disruptions, delays or imperfections. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Amigo shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, or any loss of profits or revenues, whether incurred directly or indirectly, or any loss of data, use, good-will, or other intangible losses, resulting from (a) your access to or use of or inability to access or use the Platform; (b) any conduct or content of any third party of the products, including without limitation, any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of other users or third parties; or (c) unauthorized access, use or alteration of your transmissions or content. In no event shall Amigo’s aggregate liability for all claims relating to the products exceed one hundred U.S. dollars (U.S. $100.00).
Special Provisions Applicable to Users Outside the United States
We strive to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. The following provisions apply to users and non-users who interact with Amigo outside the United States:
- You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
- If you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals you will not engage in commercial activities on Amigo (such as advertising or payments). You will not use Amigo if you are prohibited from receiving products, services, or software originating from the United States.
Questions? Feedback? Suggestions?
If you have any questions regarding our policies and terms or the service please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.